Effective Date: Effective November 2017, Updated August 2018
Enlighten Up, LLC, the provider of EnlightenUp.biz, understands that our users may be concerned about how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information. Your privacy is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it.
Enlighten Up, LLC respects the privacy of its members and website visitors and adheres to best management practices, applicable to U.S. federal laws, and acknowledges the European Union General Data Protection Regulation implementation.
The Enlighten Up website collects data to better serve members and others users of our site. Enlighten Up provides commercially reasonable security measures in order to protect against unauthorized access that leads to alteration, possible disclosure and/or data destruction. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100 percent accuracy. Accordingly, Enlighten Up cannot and will not guarantee the security of any information on the site.
Types of Information Collected
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored and used for the purpose of doing business EnlightenUp including, membership, store purchase, education and research, event attendance, subscriptions and other services. Information:
- About your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version and operating system;
- About your visits to and use of this website including referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
- Such as your name, email address, that you enter when you register with our website or set up subscriptions to our emails, newsletters and/or place an order in our online store;
- Entered while using the services on our website or generated while using the site including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- Relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card details; however, EnligthtenUp.biz does not store credit card information;
- That you post to our website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile picture and content of your posts;
- Contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- Any other personal information you send us when using the website.
Before you disclose to use the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy. All the above information is submitted voluntarily.
Points of Consent
Enlighten Up Newsletter, Enlighten Up Memorial Garden or Support Your Shelter registration and application submissions, Reading registration, marketing emails and mailings and EnlightenUp events and classes registration lists. Users may contact Enlighten Up at any time to opt-out to the above.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Enlighten Up does not sell or rent your personal information to anyone except when we have your consent to share the information, we need to share your information to provide the product or service you requested or we need to send the information to companies working on behalf of Enlighten Up to provide a product or service.
Use of Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- Administering our website and business;
- Personalizing our website for you;
- Enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- Sending you goods purchased through our website;
- Supplying services purchased through our website;
- Sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- Sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can opt-out any time);
- Sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed, by email or similar technology (opt-out options included);.
- Providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but they cannot identify individual users from the information);
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our sebsite;
- Keeping our website secure and to prevent fraud;
- Verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service); and
- Other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant us. Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website. We will not, without your expressed consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit card risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or contemplating) selling;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information;
To our marketing partners and affiliates, if any. In the course of providing you the Products or Services, we may at our option use third party service providers to provide some or all of the Products or Services you may purchase or request in y9our use of the Website. An example is online payment processing companies made to process payments on Enlighten Up.biz or links to other sites stores. We make all commercially reasonable efforts to make sure that these third party vendors use your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to provide the Services to you. However, we cannot guarantee that at third party vendor will not disclose your Personal Information.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy. Information that we collect maybe transferred to the following countries, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area, the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India. Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use of misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfer of personal information described in this section.
Disclosure of Non Personally Identifiable Information
We may disclose any Non Personally Identifiable Information we collect to our strategic business partners, potential business partners, investors, advisors and customers. This information is usually disclosed in terms of aggregate numbers. Since the information cannot be traced back to you directly, you may not “opt out” of our use of such Non Personally Identifiable Information.
Security of Personal Information
We employ commercially reasonable technology and systems to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, sensitive information is transmitted to us in an encrypted format using secure socket layer technology. However, no protection methods are 100% secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the 100% security of your Personal Information. We are not responsible for any disclosure of Personal Information due to any errors in transmission of your information, or any unauthorized third party access or any other acts by third parties, or any acts or omissions beyond our reasonable control.
Credit Card Account Information
Enlighten Up’s standard practice does not capture credit card account information online from purchases. Credit card payments are processed directly through a certified processor (i.e. Vantiv.com). Items with auto-renew are encrypted directly with the processor. Enlighten Up does not store credit card information.
Public Nature of Certain Website Content
The Services provided by EnLightenUp.biz now or in the future may be accessible by the public. Examples of publicly accessible information include, but are not limited to any posts to any chat groups, forums or discussion boards hosted by EnlightenUp.biz. We are not responsible for third parties uses of any Personal Information contained in these public disclosures.
How to Manage Cookies
How to Enable and Disable Cookies Using your Browser
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the “Settings”, “Options” or “Preferences” menu of your browser.
Internet Explorer (version 10) can block cookies using the cooking handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”.
To Refuse all Cookies:
Firefox (version 24) can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “ Options”, “Privacy” and selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”.
Chrome (version 29) blocks all cookies by accessing the “Customer and control” menu, clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings:, and “Content settings”, then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
To Delete All Cookies Already Stored On Your Computer:
Internet Explorer (Version 10), you must manually delete cookie files, instructions can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835).
Firefox (version 24), you can deletet cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history, clicking “Show Cookies” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies.
Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customer and control” menu, clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings:, and “Clear browsing data”, then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
Receipt of Marketing Materials
You may “opt out” from receiving marketing materials from us at the time you are providing us with the Personal Information. For example, when becoming a registered User with us, you will have the opportunity to decide whether you want to receive additional promotional materials from us in the future. If at any time you wish to discontinue receiving promotional materials from EnLightenUp.biz, please follow the instructions for removal contained on the most recent communication from EnLightenUp.biz, please email email@example.com.
Information Concerning Children
Our Services are only for those adults and children over the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. We will affirmatively delete any information which we have knowledge came from or pertains to a child under the age of 13. Children between the ages of 13 and 18 may use our Website and Services only under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child between the ages of 13 and 18 and you do not want your child’s Personal Information in our records, or do not wish to receive communications from us, please contact us by emailing info@Enlightenup.biz or write to Customer Service, 10 Town Plaza #183, Durango, CO 81301.